Digital marketing allows you to pull in customers by creating content, optimizing that content for search engines, and promoting and sharing that content in social media; and is a more efficient and cost-effective marketing strategy. Keyword research will help you understand how your online competition is using keywords, and will help you devise a strategy for choosing keywords that match your business well. Here are 11 ways to use digital marketing to get found when people are searching for your products and services.
- Design and optimize your website around content relevant to your business
- Aim to be on the first page of the Google search engine results pages (serps) through search engine optimization (SEO)
- Include keywords in your page titles, section headings and text content
- Make use of the “description” meta tag
- Make your site easier to navigate
- Use different page titles that reflects the on-page content for each page on your site
- Structure the back-end code of your website that is simple, logical and organized
- Avoid questionable practices that could get your site penalized by the search engines
- Consolidate the www and the non-www domain versions of your website
- Create an XML Sitemap and make it accessible to the search engine
- Improve search engine ranking with inbound links
Request an Internet Marketing Assessment to evaluate the key components of your search marketing, social media, content marketing, and online strategy.